Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall has arrived

It froze last night, and the garden is done. We had some warning though so I picked the rest of the tomatoes and the butternut squash yesterday. Most of them were green. Hopefully they'll turn red though. I picked 6 grocery bags full. Not sure what I'll do with all of them yet!
It was 27 degrees at 8:30 this morning, so it got pretty cold. There was frost on the deck and the cars.
I love fall, but I'll miss running up to the garden for a fresh salad or green beans for supper. We have canned some stuff. Carrots, beans, tomatoes, tomato juice and salsa. I did plant some lettuce a month ago and it's still alive, so maybe we'll have some fall lettuce.

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

Oooh! I LOVE butternut squash! I look forward to some day when I can plant my own in my own garden.