Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Drive

After four days of complete gloom, the sun came out and we took advantage of it. We took a drive up to Pactola Reservior yesterday afternoon. It is nearly full (1/2 foot below full), which is very unusual. It is fuller than it has been in at least 10 years for sure. Just a few years ago, the water level was so low that boat ramps were dry. Anyway, T wanted to get some pictures of it full, since it is such a rarity. This is what it looked like yesterday...pretty. I think I'm going to print the first one and frame it. It's just perfect.A couple years ago, the island in the photo below was a lot bigger, in fact, I think it wasn't even an island bc the water was so low.

Here are the girls on the way back to the car. It was breezy!

4 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

You guys must all be so happy to finally have some SUN!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures!!!!

Love ya
Em.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are gorgeous. it looks so peaceful there. I love the pictures of the kids. Tiny E is so cute....you have been blessed. I bet she is ornry as dirt.

Eva said...

I am SO glad that Pactola is full again. I wondered if that would ever happen. That island didn't have water around it last time I saw it. Did you know I jumped from the top of it in high school? I think there's a picture of it in my facebook photos...
I miss Sunday drives... Looks like you guys had a nice time.