Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday # 5




Asher turned 5 on January 6th. For some reason, I felt compelled to have a birthday bash at Peppy's Pizza instead of the usual low-key affair we have at home. We had been promising to take him for some time - that was to be the reward to stop sucking his thumb, but he quit, then started again and quit and started again, so we were never really sure if he'd really quit for good. Anyway, we never took him, so maybe that's why we did this for this birthday. Plus, I'm not very fond of kids parties, especially the planning and the fuss. So, I let Peppy do it for me. Peppy's is similar to Chuck E. Cheese's. It's bigger, more games, better pizza, and not as loud. On the down side, it's on the wrong side of town and is not as clean as Chuck E's. The kids didn't care about that though. And thankfully Faith thought ahead and brought a super sized bottle of hand sanitizer! The party was a hit, Asher had a blast, and now we have a five year old!"Peppy" is the name of the green dragon/dinosaur looking thing that rides a bike around the dinner tables and talks to the kids. There's a man behind a two way mirror wired to Peppy somehow, so he really interacts with the kids. They love it. And he brought the birthday cake around too.Posing with the sword he got from Chet. I belive he's saying "By the power of Greyskull."
Here's Elle and her friend Tara who is older by 5 days. Someone made the comment that this could be a peek into the future. Cute! They were both really tired. Elle started crying shortly after the picture was taken.Enjoying some pizza.

Here's the group, Chet, Asher, Rex, Hannah, and Faber"Flying"I know, his eye looks funny in that one.

Asher's main squeeze. Really, they're just great buds - have been since birth.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Looks like it was enjoyed by all. You're funny - the "wrong" side of town. I grew up on that side of town yo!
I can't believe my boy is almost 5 as well!!!

Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.